At TrueLearn, our team constantly strives to create the most effective product possible for students, residents, and physicians to excel on their exams. Are you interested in joining our team? Take a look at the opportunities below and submit an application or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Director, Author
Who We Are
TrueLearn is a rapidly growing ed-tech company committed to maximizing learner performance on high-stakes licensure exams. Our learning platform leverages fundamentals of cognition and data science to provide a connected experience between individual learners and their academic institutions seeking to maximize learning outcomes. We seek to be data-driven and customer-focused in all that we do. Our culture is built around authenticity, empowerment, and a shared mission to relentlessly advocate for our learners.
TrueLearn is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join the team! UI/UX Designers play a critical role in shaping the digital experiences that users interact with daily. They bridge the gap between aesthetics and functionality, ensuring that products not only look good but also provide meaningful and enjoyable experiences for users. The UI/UX Designer will create intuitive and visually appealing user experiences and interfaces for our suite of educational software products. This role is responsible for working with cross-functional teams to develop user-centered design solutions for all levels of products and digital initiatives using research/data to create wireframes, flows and prototypes.
The UI/UX Designer plays a crucial role in creating intuitive, visually appealing, and user-friendly digital products and interfaces. This role involves a combination of design and user research skills to ensure that products meet the needs and expectations of users while aligning with the business objectives of the company. UI/UX Designers work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and stakeholders, to deliver exceptional user interfaces and experiences.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market & competitive analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Lead and define specifications for our products user interface and experience, ensuring that content and functionality are logically organized and intuitive for our users.
- Conduct concept and usability testing; gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Develop wireframes and interactive prototypes that outline the layout and functionality of digital interfaces, allowing for early testing, feedback and refinement of solutions.
- Collaborate with product, editorial, marketing, and engineering in an agile process.
- Ensure that digital products are accessible to all users, including those with disabilities, by adhering to accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Design interfaces that are responsive and adaptable to different screen sizes and devices.
- Keep up to date on industry trends, establish and advocate for UX/UI best practices, guidelines and standards, and emerging technologies; contribute to improvements in process and workflow.
- Maintain and contribute to product design systems.
- Participate in roadmap planning with the Product team.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the product as appropriate.
- Support development, QA, and launch of products and feature iterations.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years experience as a UX/UI Designer for mobile and web platforms, EdTech industry preferred.
- A strong online portfolio showcasing a range of UI/UX design projects.
- Knowledge of user research methodologies and usability principles with experience conducting user testing and interviews.
- Ability to understand and visualize complex user flows, interactions, and technical information.
- HTML and CSS knowledge and current on latest responsive design techniques.
- Familiarity with WCAG2 guidelines and implementation.
- Proficiency with Figma preferred.
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent time management, communication skills (written and verbal), and team collaboration skills.
- Self-organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Passion for identifying and solving real user problems.
TrueLearn is a leading software education company specializing in the preparation of physicians and healthcare professionals for high-stakes licensure examinations. We leverage a powerful combination of cognition science, predictive analytics, and technology to empower both learners and their institutions to perform at their absolute highest levels. Medical students and residents at nearly every hospital and institution in the country rely on TrueLearn to help them to become better thinkers and smarter test-takers. We exist to serve our customers’ efforts and work hard to advocate for their success in every way possible.
Partners LLR Partners is a lower middle market private equity firm investing in technology and healthcare businesses. We collaborate with our portfolio companies to define high-impact growth initiatives, turn them into action and create long-term value. Founded in 1999 and with more than $5 billion raised across six funds, LLR is a flexible provider of equity capital for growth, recapitalization, and buyouts. For more information about LLR and insights on scaling growth companies, visit www.llrpartners.com.
To apply, visit here.