Join the TrueLearn Team!
At TrueLearn, our team constantly strives to create the most effective product possible for students, residents, and physicians to excel on their exams. Are you interested in joining our team? Take a look at the opportunities below and submit an application or reach out to us at email@example.com.
Current Open Positions
TrueLearn is leading the industry in helping learners prepare for exams. We have an exciting opportunity for a driven, talented, and passionate full-stack developer, with strong front-end experience, to join our team! This fulltime position offers great benefits and ability to work from home!
As part of the development team, you will be working with other Developers, Quality Engineers, Product Managers and Architects – moving features through the whole development lifecycle.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Communicative and collaborative with a team first mentality
- Self-organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Works closely with PM to understand the value of each feature
- Design solutions that best fit the needs of the business
- Utilizes experience as a full stack developer to innovate within the product
- Active and participative in scrum ceremonies
- Drives best practices and design patterns
- Desire to enhance and maintain engineering culture
- Ability to step outside of your comfort zone to learn and quickly apply new technologies and software development methodologies
- Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job. Shows commitment and accountability in one’s work, and follows through on all projects, goals, aspects of one’s work; Arrives at work and to meetings on time every day and fulfills all commitments made to peers, co-workers, customers and supervisor.
- Organization: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plans with an appropriate and realistic sense of the time demand involved.
- Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of the company; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- 4+ years’ experience with Modern PHP Frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, etc.)
- Experience with SASS or other CSS frameworks
- MySQL and general database design
- RESTful web service and API development
- Excellent coding standards and disciplined documenting of code
- Experience using Git or similar version control software
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Experience with testing libraries (React, PHP Unit, Cypress)
Other desirable skills include:
- Amazon Web Services
- UI / UX / Design experience
- Experience with iOS/Android development / React Native
- Machine Learning
Remote – USA