CAA PREp 2020/2021
Anesthesiologist Assistant Prep SMARTBANK
Calling All PROGRAM DIRECTORS!
Learn how you can enroll your program in a trial. Start aligning your curriculum for success on the NCCAA In-training and Certification exams.
CHALLENGES ANESTHESIOLOGIST ASSISTANT STUDENTS FACE
PREPARING FOR AND PASSING THE NCCAA EXAMS
- Underestimate the difficulty – Many students think if they scored well in their classes, they will easily pass the certification exam. This overconfidence prevents students from allocating the necessary time and resources to pass.
- Don’t know how to study for high-stakes certification exams – Test-prep has benefited highly from the field of learning science. There are new scientific methodologies that turn average test-takers into high-performers. Many fail to identify their strengths and weaknesses by the exam categories early in their study plan and spend time on areas that won’t have the greatest impact.
- Don’t use the right study materials – Many students will use basic study materials that don’t provide rich answer explanations, give insight into correct and incorrect answers, or create succinct and memorable “Bottom Lines” that make it easy to remember the key information to getting the question right. When incorporating this practice with a strong focus on weak areas, it can have a dramatic impact on a student’s ability to succeed.
It's our mission to help you pass the NCCAA
In-Training And Certification Exams the first time!
See How TrueLearn Prepares you for Success
Immersive Study Aid that Combines Practice Questions, Answer Explanations, and Learning Science!
TAKE PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Start with a 100-question practice quiz from questions that align to the NCCAA blueprint. After you complete questions, review TrueLearn’s rich answer explanations and succinct take home points for each question or “Bottom Lines”.
IDENTIFY STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Track your performance. Quickly see your category performance broken down by blueprint categories. Compare results to peers. Know exactly where to focus your study time.
We proactively text you succinct and memorable “Bottom Line” explanations at deliberately spaced time intervals proven to improve knowledge retention.
ON TEST DAY
Know you will succeed. TrueLearn’s scientifically proven SmartBanks achieve an average of 20% improvement with an overall 96% pass rate.
Effective Immersive Experience is Backed by Science
We shift the burden of studying best practices from the student to our Software!
There are three key principles of learning science we embed into our Anesthesiologist Assistant SmartBank to give you an advantage.
1. Retrieval Practice: Long-term memory is increased when some of the learning period is devoted to retrieving new information through testing with proper feedback.
2. Spaced Repetition: A learning technique that incorporates increasing intervals of time between subsequent reviews of previously learned material in order to exploit the psychological spacing effect.
3. Testing Effect: The well-established psychological effect that the mere act of testing someone’s memory will strengthen the memory, regardless of whether there is feedback. Learn More
1000+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS THAT ALIGN TO THE NCCAA BLUEPRINT
Relentless Drive for High-Quality Practice Questions for the NCCAA Exams
Exam-style questions are prepared by Certified Anesthesiologist Assistants and educational leaders with specific expertise to ensure questions match the format of the exam for style and accuracy.
A proprietary psychometric algorithm ranks question quality, helping us identify items to revise and adjust. This guarantees students are working through questions that most effectively help prepare for the NCCAA exams and ensure passing the first time.
NCCAA Blueprint Includes:
THE GREATEST LEARNING OPPORTUNITY IS A MISSED QUESTION
Rich Answer Explanations Fundamentally
Improve Your Understanding
We make it easy to see what questions were missed, understand why incorrect answers were wrong, and understand why the correct answer was the best choice.
Opt-in to receive SmartText with easy-to-digest information for answers marked incorrect to reinforce the content to long-term memory.
We identify weak areas and use the learning science principle of spaced repetition to enhance memory of that subject by texting “Bottom Lines” at deliberately timed increments.
When Everything is Combined...
It's Extremely Effective!
The average TrueLearn user improves their percentile by up to 20% when completing a SmartBank. We evaluated 3900 students across all exam banks controlling for multiple variables and found clear improvement trends for students engaging in retrieval practice by completing a Smartbank.
Meet our smarttools
Enables you to access questions by specific keywords and create customized quizzes.
Provides detailed insight into performance with real-time national average comparison.
Re-exposes test-takers to the key learning point on missed questions at specific intervals.
Allows learners to set their desired 3-number score goal and track their performance.
Provides insightful information about individual testing habits and behaviors.