Master Your Residency Interview Questions and ERAS Tips Before You Submit
When thinking of Residency Match Day, there are two major components that come to mind – residency applications and interviews.
After you submit your application to your selected programs, you may then be invited to interview at those programs. As you begin thinking about your application and the critical interview process, there are things you will want to consider to prepare for programs to assess whether you’d be a good fit for their specialty.
During TrueLearn’s 2022 Residency Match Summit, Dr. Simone Bernstein with Inside the Match podcast provided an in-depth session of expert tips and insights on submitting a successful ERAS application. A few key topics of discussion included:
- An overview of essential tips before submitting your ERAS Application
- A list of residency interview questions to ask residents and program directors
- How to dress and what to wear during interviews
- Tips to be successful on virtual interviews
- Insights into post-interview etiquette and thank-you emails
- Addressing any red flags in your application and on the interview trail
About Dr. Simone Bernstein
Simone Bernstein is a third-year psychiatry resident at Washington University in St. Louis and Co-Founder of Inside the Match, a resident-run podcast that provides application and interview guidance to residency applicants as well as tips to be successful in residency. The platform has more than 105+ episodes on Spotify, Apple, and Google podcasts with 75,000+ listeners. Simone has spoken at conferences worldwide, is a Forbes 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneur, was featured as one of Glamour Magazine’s Top 10 College Women, is an inductee in the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame, and is also a Fulbright Scholar. Find Simone on Instagram and Twitter @Inside_TheMatch.